11/23/2020 - Does the US need to pursue transitional justice in the post-Trump era?
- Congratulations to Philosophy faculty member Helga Varden, who has been selected as a U of I Center for Advanced Study Associate for one semester in AY 2021-22 (pending approval by the Board of Trustees)!
11/04/2020 - Dr.
11/04/2020 - We are pleased to welcome a new faculty member, Dr. Brian Reese, to the Department of Philosophy. Dr.
- European Union Center event, which is being co-sponsored by Philosophy (among other units), and which will feature participation from Philosophy faculty member Helga Varden
10/08/2020 - The New Speed of Politics: Is Gender Equality Accelerating or Shutting Do
- Congratulations to philosophy faculty member Kohei Kishida on funding from the National Science Foundation
09/23/2020 - The National Science Foundation's Convergence Accelerator Grant has been awarded to the project "QuSTEAM: Convergent Undergraduate Education in Quantum Science, Tec
- Congratulations to Philosophy faculty member Helga Varden on her distinguished promotion to full professor
09/23/2020 - Professor Helga Varden has been promoted to the rank of full professor and awarded the 2020 Campus Distinguished Promotion Award for her truly exceptional contribut
09/23/2020 - https://las.illinois.edu/news/blog/las-insider/2020-07-2
- Congratulations to philosophy faculty member Benjamin Levinstein on his Andrew Mellon New Directions Fellowship
09/23/2020 - Congratulations to Professor Benjamin Levinstein, who has been awarded a New Directions Fellowship from the Andrew W.
- Statements condemning racist violence and police brutality issued by the American Philosophical Association (APA) Board of Officers and the APA Graduate Student Council
05/14/2020 - I deeply regret that the current circumstances prevent us from celebrating your wonderful accomplishment in person.
10/04/2019 - https://las.illinois.edu/news/2019-10-03/new-faculty-embark-bright-futures-illinois
- Congratulations to PhD candidate Steven Lee for successfully defending his dissertation, "'Vagueness and Probability"!
- Congratulations to University of Illinois Philosophy Department (1996) Ph.D. graduate, Todd M. Lekan! Todd has been awarded a Fulbright scholarship at Xiamen University in Spring 2020 and is currently Professor of Philosophy at Muskingum University.